Father Boleslaw Szewc was born on May 22, 1955 in Warsaw. His father (1924-1998), a building engineer, and his mother, a building technician, both worked in construction design companies. He spent his childhood at the area of St. Casimir Parish in Warsaw, run by Resurrectionist priests. He attended the XLIV Secondary School at Dolna Street where he passed the school-leaving examinations. Then he began his graduate studies at the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics, and Mechanics of the University of Warsaw, admitted without the entrance examination as a finalist of a nationwide contest in mathematics. After graduation in 1979, he took up a position at Warsaw University of Life Sciences where he gave classes in statistics and other mathematical disciplines. At the same time he started his doctoral studies under Prof. Wieslaw Szlenk (1935-1995) at the above mentioned faculty of the University of Warsaw. The work on his Ph.D. dissertation was interrupted at the time of the marshal law in Poland when, in September 1982, he was enlisted in the army, at first at the Cadet School in Swiecie-upon-Vistula and later, when he did the command practice in a sapper brigade in Szczecin. Released before schedule due to health problems, he came forward to the Metropolitan Higher Seminary of St. John the Baptist in Warsaw in 1983 and at the same time received a Ph.D. in mathematics. In February 1988 he met Father Tadeusz Dajczer who exerted a tremendous influence on his life. On May 28, 1988 he took holy orders from Jozef Glemp, the Primate of Poland and was sent to work at St. Nicholas Parish in Tarczyn near Warsaw as an assistant curate. In 1990 he was directed to doctoral studies at the Faculty of Christian Philosophy at the Academy of Catholic Theology in Warsaw and took up the post of the rector of the Most Holy Virgin Mary’s Immaculate Conception Chapel in the Warsaw Krolikarnia-Palace belonging to Franciscan Sisters of the Poor. In 1994 he received a Ph.D. in Humanities and took up a position of an assistant professor at the Faculty of Christian Philosophy at the Academy of Catholic Theology in Warsaw. Since then he had been repeatedly commissioned to give various lectures and classes at the Papal Theological Faculty in Warsaw. From November 2006 he served for eleven months as a moderator of the Families of Nazareth Movement in the Diocese of Warsaw. In August 2008 he was directed to St. Joseph the Betrothed of the Most Holy Virgin Mary Parish in Warsaw-Kolo where, as a resident priest, he looks after the perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. 24/06/2019 The Most Rev. Cardinal Kazimierz Nycz honored him with the privilege of wearing a rochet and mantelletta and awarded him the title of a canon.
- Hits: 3722